Terms & Conditions
‘sooqbeirut’ mean JMG FZCO (Company License Number 11377)
‘Conditions’ means these terms and conditions
‘Site’ means the website of sooqbeirut.com
Website usage terms and conditions
- You are provided with access to this Site in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed must strictly be placed in accordance with these Conditions
- We are JMG FZCO and we own and operate this Site
- Your use of the Site is subject to these Conditions. By using the Site, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Conditions.
- We provide the Site on an ‘as is’ basis and make no representations as to the quality completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law we exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by law into these Conditions
- Any and all liability to you, whether arising out of these Conditions or otherwise in connection with use of the Site.
Nothing in these Conditions is intended to exclude or limit any liability that may not by law be excluded or limited, in particular none of the clauses are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you.
- Restrict your access to the Site or part of it. If we grant you access to a restricted part of the Site we may withdraw permission at any time.
- Make changes to our Conditions from time to time. We will notify you of these changes of use by posting the revised versions of these Conditions on the Site. You can determine when we last changed these Conditions by the ‘Last updated’ statement above.
- Protect our Intellectual Property rights in the Site, including all of the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that:
- All Copy Right, Trademarks and all other Intellectual Property rights which form part of the website shall remain at all times our property.
- All material contained on this website is only available for your personal use, excluding commercial use.
- You agree not to copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create any part of our website, including all intellectual property rights unless expressly preauthorised and permitted by us.
- If you in any way, whatsoever, breach clause 2.4 we reserve the right to claim damages against you, for your breach of our intellectual property rights and demand that you stop using the content taken from our Site immediately.
- In the first instance of a breach being found we will write to you asking you to cease and desist from using our intellectual property rights immediately, whilst also invoicing you AED 200 per image used plus legal fees of AED 500 plus VAT at the applicate rate.
- Should you continue your unauthorized use of our intellectual property after receiving a written warning and invoice, we reserve the right to seek an injunction against you to prevent further infringement and claim further damages and legal costs on the indemnity basis.
Your permission to use the Site is personal to you and non-transferable, and you may not use the Site for commercial purposes, unless our written permission is given. Your use of the Site is conditional upon the rules set out in these Conditions and you agree that you will not:
- use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others privacy rights or rights of publicity;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software of equipment;
- remove any copyright, trade mark, or other propriety rights notices from the Site or materials originating from the Site;
- frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent;
- reproduce the presentation of the Site.
Third party links
To provide suggestions or easier use we may provide links to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for and do not endorse such external websites or resources. Your use of the third party websites is at your own risk.
How to order our products
- Orders can be placed online.
- Having placed an order online you will receive a total of three emails providing you have an email address:
- The first email is a confirmation email which you should receive immediately after your order is placed. If for any unusual reason there is a problem you will be contacted promptly and if your order cannot be met or if there is a delay in dispatch you will be notified.
- Having placed an order online you will receive a total of three emails. For oversize furniture orders we also will take a telephone contact number from you for our courier to contact you directly to arrange delivery.
- The third email is simply a follow up requesting feedback to ensure you are satisfied with our service.
- Prices are as displayed on our UAE Site and are in United Arab Emirates Dirham. Currency is picked up by the IP address on a customer’s first visit to the Site.
- We try to ensure that prices shown on our Site are accurate, but they will still need to be validated before your order is processed. If there is a price difference, we will contact you immediately and should you wish to cancel your order, we will refund any money.
- Prices displayed are inclusive of VAT but exclude delivery charges where applicable. Please see the Delivery section below for details of our charges.
- Prices of some brands may vary between certain territories.
- Payment when ordering online can be by credit and debit card.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit details will be encrypted so as to minimize the risk of your details being read by an unauthorized individual as they are sent to us over the Internet
- No contract will exist between sooqbeirut and the customer until goods are dispatched. Acceptance will be deemed complete and effectively communicated at this time.
- A legally binding contract is created when the goods are dispatched.
- Ownership will pass when the goods are dispatched
Right to cancel your contract
- You may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the 14 days from the date you receive the ordered goods.
- You do not need to give us any reason for canceling your contract nor will you have to pay a penalty.
- You cannot cancel your goods if they are perishable.
- To cancel your contracts please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orders are dispatched promptly, therefore we are unable to cancel or amend your order once you have received your order confirmation. If you still wish to cancel your order, please return your order once received, in accordance to our return policy.
- All international returns must be marked clearly on the outside with ‘Returned Goods’ to avoid import duty. Any import duty & returns costs will be deducted from the refund.
- Upon receipt of the goods we will credit the purchaser within 48 hours with the purchase price less any handling charge which may have been incurred. We will not be responsible for any refund of postage or carriage.
- If your goods need to be returned by freight you will be responsible for the cost of this, though it may be arranged by sooqbeirut if required.
- Please note we do not have an exchange policy.
15 day money back guarantee
- We also offer a 15 day money back guarantee for non-perishable goods. If the goods you receive are faulty as at the day of delivery, you have 15 days from the date of delivery to make use of this money back guarantee. Please note, this policy doesn’t extend to oversize furniture items.
- If you have purchased and received an item within the last 15 days and are not happy with it, please refer to the instructions provided in the order you received, alternatively email email@example.com for assistance. You will need to return the item, unused, in its original packaging and in a resalable condition, enclosing your order confirmation.
- For oversize furniture returns the 15 day guarantee will not apply, please contact our Customer Care Team to arrange this. Oversize furniture items will also need to be returned, unused, in their original packaging and in a resalable condition.
- Once the item has been received and checked, if it is established by sooqbeirut that the item was not faulty or damaged at the date of delivery, you will be notified of this determination within 48 hours of receipt. In such circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund under the 15 day money back guarantee. You will be entitled to request that the item is returned to you and you will be responsible for the cost of postage
- Please note we will not be responsible for items lost or damaged in transit during return, even if the service is provided by our courier service. However, we will endeavor to claim on the customer’s behalf if one of our couriers is used.
- Save as required by law, this 15 day money back guarantee does not apply to perishable products or those products marked with an asterisk (*) or where indicated in the product description
- Refunds are processed by the original payment method. If the card used to make the original payment has expired, we will offer PayPal or bank transfer as an alternative.
- If the goods supplied are faulty on the day of delivery, you have the right to reject the goods as outlined within this section. If you have been unable to notify us or to return the goods within 15 days you have six months from the date of delivery to request the right to the repair or replacement of the goods, or the right to a reduction of the price of the goods within a reasonable time. sooqbeirut reserves the right to refuse to repair the goods where it is disproportionate and or not possible to do so. Save as precluded by law, we do not accept any liability for faulty goods about which we have not been notified within six months of the date of delivery.
- Please note that any returned items that are received outside of the 15 day return period will not be accepted for a refund and will be returned to the original delivery address. Please note that re-dispatch charges will apply and must be paid in full prior to the parcel being released for return.
Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
- We do not deliver in your area.
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed as the incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for consequential loss or disappointment suffered.
Please see our delivery page for latest charges.
- Our aim is to deliver all orders within the specified times once receipt of payment has been confirmed. All deliveries are subject to stock availability and security checks. Delivery will be made to the address provided. If the product is paid for by PayPal it will be delivered to the address which is registered with PayPal. The site is unable to change the address due to PayPal’s security policy.
- Whist we will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on our website, we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery or for late deliveries as a result of Carrier actions which are beyond our control save as precluded by law. We will endeavor to deliver within 30 days of the contract being entered into. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you do not receive your goods within a reasonable time. We will endeavor to get your goods to you as soon as possible or you may cancel your order. You will be refunded once the goods have been returned to us in good order or classified as lost by the Carrier Company.
- We will attempt to deliver your order to the delivery address stated on your order form. sooqbeirut will not be liable for any missing parcels should the delivery address have been entered incorrectly. If products are returned to us as undeliverable either because of an incorrect address or because of customer failure to contact the courier company or collect the goods from the depot where requested, we shall refund the price of the products less delivery costs incurred by us in sending out the goods plus any additional costs charged to us by the courier company for returning the goods to us. If we have to re-dispatch the order, if it has been returned to us, for reasons outside of our control there may be a charge.
- If the products we deliver to you are damaged or we have sent you the incorrect goods or quantity, please contact us within seven (7) days of delivery at email@example.com . We require you to notify us within seven (7) days to ensure a prompt response from us. Please do not sign for any packages that are damaged or opened. We cannot accept any liability for goods which are damaged or sent in error unless you notify us pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- For oversize furniture items, damaged or incorrect goods need to be reported within 48 hours of receipt. This time limit will also apply to split dispatch orders. It will be stated on the delivery note at the time of delivery if the item is part of a split dispatch. Original packaging should be kept for damaged or incorrect items.
- All international customers purchasing will have orders delivered duty unpaid (DDU) and will be charged for the items purchased and shipping costs only. Import duty or tax costs (where applicable) will be invoiced to you directly from DHL or an import broker appointed by you. We recommend you contact your local customs authority to determine a landed cost price prior to purchase completion, as some countries have thresholds where no import taxes or duty fees will need to be paid, for example in Canada under CAN$20.
- If you are ordering from the United States of America, US customs may require your IRS/social security number to complete the entry paperwork that is required in order for you to receive your parcel. sooqbeirut and our chosen courier have no control over this request. This information will never be shared or used for reasons other than what is required by customs.
- If you are ordering from Australia all prices include AU GST, no additional payment will be requested from customers. GST receipts can be provided as proof of payment.
- Please note no electrical items are sold overseas.
- If you are ordering products to be delivered to someone else, please make sure they are aware they will be responsible for these additional charges. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be, so we are unable to offer any assistance on these processes. We would advise that you check the import charges applicable in any country before ordering products to be delivered there.
- Please note that we aim to dispatch all international orders within 24 hours. Estimated delivery times are to be used as a guide only and commence from the date of dispatch. sooqbeirut is not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes
- International sites will have their own terms and conditions.
- Please note some items are classed as freight and are restricted from the normal delivery terms and pricing structure. A delivery quote will be required which can be arranged online by adding to the basket and following the steps.
- Please ensure that the products you order comply with you country’s regulations and restrictions. It is your responsibility to verify and comply with all applicable customers laws and regulations in your country. In the event that you order is seized or delayed by customers, sooqbeirut cannot be held responsible.
Vouchers and Promotional Discounts
- Gift Cards & Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift Cards & Vouchers can be used against full price and sale items.
- Gift Cards & Vouchers are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for cash.
- Gift Cards & Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- If a customer makes a return for a product they have purchased with a Gift Card or Voucher a new Gift Card or Voucher will be issued and credited for that amount.
- Promotional discount codes may not be used in conjunction with other offers and sale items.
- From time to time we offer promotional discounts. An example being AED100 off of the first AED1,000 you spend on the Site. If your order consists of a number of products which amount to AED1,000 and you return one product you will get the full price back minus the amount of discount which has been equally allocated to that particular product. Such offers are only applicable on full price purchases, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and Sale items are not included. Promotions cannot be applied retrospectively or to delivery charges.
- Promotional discounts are restricted to one use per customer unless otherwise stated.
- If the goods you receive are incorrect, damaged or defective, or you’ve received an incorrect quantity, we require you to notify us in writing at our contact address within 7 days (standard orders). This is extended to 14 days for Trade Account orders. For any oversize furniture orders we require you to notify us in writing at our contact address within 48 hours of the delivery. We cannot accept any liability unless you notify us in accordance with these terms and conditions. All original packaging must be kept for damaged items as proof of the condition the goods were received in.
- For damaged oversize furniture items the customer must notify Domestic Distribution upon delivery for this to be added to the POD when the customer signs for the delivery. If the delivery is signed for unchecked, the customer is then fully liable for the items. If the customer does not mark the delivery as damaged sooqbeirut are not liable for damaged goods.
- If you notify a problem to us, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- To make good any shortage or non-delivery
- To replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective where it is proportionate and possible to do so; or
- To provide a refund to you of the amount paid by you. All rights are reserved as to the manner or form of refund
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expense (including loss of profits business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition. Save as precluded by law we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our Site. The importation of certain goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Nothing in these Conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer neither under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude liability for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control including without limitation, strikes, lock outs and other industrial action, breakdown of system or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part these conditions will not be affected.
Complaints/ Feedback/ Recommendations
Please feel free to give us any feedback, recommendations or comments about our services and website. We take this very seriously and aim to deal with any problems or difficulties in a timely fair and effective manner. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the postal address shown on our Contact Us page. We try to respond to any email inquiries within one working day.
Additional terms and conditions under Clause 7 of sooqbeirut terms and conditions for specific products
The cancellation of oversize furniture order excludes collection/return costs as well as any delivery costs incurred by the business or customer.
- Your right to cancel
2.1 Your right to cancel an order for oversize furniture starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
2.2 If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period begins when you get the last item of the order.
2.3 This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
3.1 You have 14 days from receipt of your oversize furniture to return it.
3.2 Charges will apply on all oversize furniture returns, and delivery costs will not be refunded.
3.3 Items must be returned to us unused, in original packaging and in a resalable condition. If the item has not been returned in a fully salable condition we reserve the right to refund on the item or deduct up to 50% of the original selling price from the refund amount.
3.4 If you have an order containing mixed items, e.g oversize furniture delivered from Domestic Distribution and standard items from sooqbeirut’s courier service, the 14 day return period will start from the day your complete order arrives with you.
3.5 Any damaged oversize furniture must be reported to Domestic Distribution at the point of delivery and signed for as damaged.
3.6 If the delivery is signed for unchecked or not noted as damaged then the customer is fully liable for the goods.