Privacy and Security
- We will treat your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below.) We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UAE data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- When you shop on the Site we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you, examples being name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card details and passwords.
- We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve our services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer the website;
- To inform you of any new products.
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes and you do not consider it to breach any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations. If you do wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email and you will be opted out of all email communications. For any more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will take great care to ensure that you are able to purchase products from the Site with complete confidence. Please note your communication with our service is secure using 256 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology where supported by your browser. This means your personal details including payment details, are encrypted when transmitting to us.
- To ensure the privacy of your payment details, when you ‘proceed to checkout’, secure pages are indicated by the address on the Address/Location bar changing from http:// to https:// and a padlock in the bottom right hand status bar of your web browser. It is your responsibility to check that these features appear to ensure a secure page.
- We do not keep any credit card details on file ourselves. If you choose to save your payment details with us we use a trusted 3rd party who stores them on our behalf, and we are not able to access the full card details.
Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. They help to make the Site run smoothly and allow us to provide the best service possible, here’s a breakdown of the cookies that we use and how they benefit you:
Essential These cookies are essential for the use of the Site, they allow us to store the contents of your cart and process your orders among other things.
Functionality These provide you with a better service by remembering your cart, login details, viewed products and other things.
Third party advertising/other These allow us to make the Site better for you by giving us anonymous usage information and power our advertising on other websites. This allows those websites to track when you have made a purchase and earn a commission.
Opting out of cookies We give you the option to choose exactly which type of cookies we will set when you use the sooqbeirut site. We’ll save the results in a cookie for two years and will honor your choice for future page views from your current browser.